Chocolate figures, cookies, candies – Christmas cannot be so magic without chocolate. 200 years ago, Christmas made whole chocolate figures of St. Nicholas. Twenty years ago, they began to put hollow figures in a paper wrapper with a picture of Santa Claus under the Christmas tree.
In the 19th century, the first Christmas calendars with chocolate gifts appeared. Each child was impatiently waiting for Christmas, counting down the days remaining before the holiday. Now, in addition to classic figures and Christmas calendars, many other chocolate gifts are made.
Spices, fruits and Christmas pastries appear on the festive tables: oranges, cinnamon, vanilla, figured cookies, vanilla bagels and much more.
Winter holidays are getting closer and closer, there is very little time left to prepare. If you want to pleasantly surprise your loved ones, here is an easy recipe of a delicious and elegant dessert for New Year and Christmas.
Christmas chocolate Ingredients
200 g of chocolate with 70% cocoa
200 g milk chocolate
70 g sugar
150 g hazelnuts
1 tbsp butter
a pinch of ground cardamom
30 g dried cherries
Christmas Chocolate Recipe
- Fry nuts in the oven or a dry frying pan. Cool and peel.
- Pour sugar into a pan, over high heat, so that it can be solidified and turn golden.
- Add peeled hazelnuts and butter to the caramel, mix well. Put the mixture on baking paper and separate the nuts from each other with two forks. Cool to room temperature.
- Cover a 24 by 24-centimetre square shape with baking paper.
- Break both types of chocolate into pieces and melt in a water bath. In the end, add a pinch of ground cardamom.
- Rinse the jerky cherries and chop finely.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the prepared pan and smooth. Spread nuts and cherry slices evenly on top. Allow mixture to solidify.
- Break the finished chocolate or cut into pieces of the same size. Store in a cool dry place.
If you have no time to prepare chocolate then make sure to order our chocolate box gifts at Cocoa Noir which look both fantastic and are full of handmade artisan chocolates.